Filiates's Smart City Platform
The project aims at the rational management of critical service areas by the Municipality of Filiates such as the energy management of buildings and electricity networks, electronic services to citizens, the management of the drinking water network and the operation of the construction site management mechanism. In addition, the project includes the supply of equipment for the free access of citizens and visitors to a small-scale wireless network in ten (10) public hot spots.
This project includes the following:
- Installation of sensors for measurement and remote management of power consumption in public buildings in order to reduce unnecessary power consumption.
- Installation of a management and monitoring system of the Municipality’s fleet that includes garbage trucks, civil protection vehicles and construction site vehicles.
- The installation of twenty-five (25) smart water meters in a selected area through which it is possible to automatically measure drinking water consumption, continuous monitoring to draw conclusions about consumption and to detect any leaks in the water supply network.
- Operation of a central application “smart city” which collects all the data from the above applications offering a single user interface where on one screen the mayor, deputy mayors and authorized supervisors or managers can monitor key indicators regarding the quality of the provided services and the operating costs of the Municipality. The main concern of the central platform is the improvement of the quality of life and the creation of a measurable benefit for the citizens and the businesses of the Municipality without administrative burden of the executives of the Municipality.
- Procurement of appropriate equipment for free Internet access in ten (10) points (squares) of the Municipality using wireless network. In this way, in numerous points of interest, the citizen or the visitor can access the internet.
The project includes the following applications:
- Smart City Platform
- Application of interactive communication and direct information of citizens using a wireless network
- Implementation of remote management and monitoring of energy consumption of municipal buildings using equipment in electrical panels
- Vehicle fleet monitoring and management application
- Measurement monitoring software from smart hydrometers
- “Smart city” data portal for citizens
The project includes the following equipment:
- 2.4 / 5GHz Indoor Outdoor (WiFi) Distribution Network Unit
- Sensing Meter and Remote Control of Power Consumption in public buildings
- Vehicle Fleet Monitoring TV Unit
- Smart Hydrometers
See more Smart Cities