Patra's Smart City Platform
The object of the project is the creation of a distributed network of smart sensors that can measure many parameters for a more efficient management of the environment of the Historic Center of the city. Through the network of smart sensors is achieved:
- Implement smart city solutions to improve the microclimate of urban areas and protect the environment.
- Measurement of the environmental data of the Historic Center of the Municipality of Patras, in order to identify the areas that need protection and to make the necessary interventions.
- Recording and control of environmental pollution, air quality, noise pollution and light pollution through Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and determination of existing and projected percentages / indicators.
- Control and measurements of electromagnetic radiation in the urban fabric.
- Improving the quality of ICT services provided through multi-channel distribution.
- Increase access to open data.
Citizens are given – through smart infrastructure data presentation applications – the ability to view useful information collected through the network of smart sensors placed in 5 parts of the city and which is based on technologies of the Internet of Things (IoT). Citizens monitor in real time the analysis of the collected data on the quality of the urban environment (eg electromagnetic radiation, noise levels, air pollution, etc.).
The project includes the following applications:
- Smart city platform
- Subsystem for collection and management of environmental data through sensors
- Intervention site traffic data collection application
- Subsystem for displaying data to citizens
The project includes the following equipment:
- Environmental Station
- Intervention site traffic data collection sensor
See more Smart Cities