Rhodes's Urban Mobility Platform
The aim of the project is to design, develop, configure and install information applications for public transport and interconnection with the existing traffic information system.
The aim of the work of design, development, configuration and installation of information applications for public transport and interconnection with the existing information system for traffic conditions is the implementation of a series of new applications and systems for the information of commuters in the Municipality that will adequately complete and complete investments of the Municipality in intelligent transport systems.
The final result of the project is a unified information platform that will concern information on bus travel and traffic in the city of Rhodes, and will use as information channels web site, mobile application and the existing electronic signs.
The integration of the new systems with the existing ones was done through standardized user interfaces. In summary, the project includes the following tasks:
- Procurement, configuration and installation of software for the information of passengers for the itineraries of the municipal enterprise (RODA) using the existing equipment inside the vehicles (buses)
- Development of an application for informing the public through signs, with a standard interface for any signs.
- Services for the connection of the existing signs (smart stops) from the DIAVLOS project to the passenger information system for bus arrival times. The installation and power supply of the smart stops is the responsibility of the Municipality. The project does not include the supply of new signs.
- Development of a mobile application for informing drivers and passengers about the traffic conditions in the city of Rhodes through the existing DIAVLOS system and the arrival times of the RODA buses
- Interconnection of the passenger information system with the existing Web Site of the DIAVLOS project so that there is at one point both the information about the traffic conditions and the information about the public transport. Aim to create a single urban mobility center
- Routine time estimation functionality on high-traffic public transport lines through a single urban mobility center
The project includes the following applications:
- Application of Passenger Information Software
- Application of information through signs
- Application of time travel estimation on public transport lines
- Mobile Application Traffic Conditions and Bus Arrival Time
See more Smart Cities