Thermaikos' Smart City Platform
The scope of the project is Supply and Installation:
– Wireless Network Equipment,
– Smart City Platform,
– Smart Controlled Parking System,
– Electric Vehicle Charging System
The aim of the project is to create a “smart” integrated “smart” city and sustainable urban mobility system for the Municipality of THERMAIKOS. The system will focus on the collection, monitoring and visualization of integrated and non-integrated parking data and information, for the service and benefit of both the Municipality and its citizens.
This integrated system is based on the following axes:
– Smart Parking System, which achieves the discovery, visualization and control of designated parking spaces in the Municipality’s application area. The implementation will be carried out through the installation of a network of specialised sensors within the roadway so that one sensor corresponds to each discrete, marked parking space. The sensor feeds the central system by sending the appropriate signals when the space is or is not occupied.
– A system for monitoring and managing the fullness of bins. The equipment will be installed in fifty (50) bins and will be able to identify any object within a depth range of 3cm. At the same time, the City will be able to use a web-based application that will be the center for decision making and analysis of results (reporting). It will be the central system to monitor the level of occupancy in real time, providing information for collection planning and a real-time bin occupancy notification environment adapted to the needs of the Municipality with notification rules (e.g. notification/alarm to the manager when the occupancy level reaches 70% in a remote area to avoid unnecessary routing or in front of buildings with a high concentration of population or health interest, etc.).
– Installation of a centralized “smart city” application that will collect all the data from the above applications providing a single user interface where on one screen the Mayor, Deputy Mayors and authorized Supervisors or Directors will be able to supervise and monitor key indicators related to the quality of services provided and the operational costs of the Municipality. The main focus of the central platform will be to improve the quality of life and create measurable benefits for the citizens and businesses of the Municipality without administrative burden on the Municipality’s executives. The Platform will be an operational control centre where the overall picture of the Municipality’s operations will be reflected in a clear and understandable way on the same screen in order to minimise operational complexity between the Municipality’s services and to assist the decision making of the managers on the basis of “real – live” data.
– Provide and install the appropriate equipment for free Internet access at thirty (30) City locations in the application area using a wireless network. In this way, in crowded places of interest, the citizen or visitor will be able to access the Internet. The total supply will include the wireless network (WiFi) management software with data processing capability.
– Supply and installation of five (5) ground-mounted electric vehicle charging stations at locations selected by the City within the application area. Software for managing the charging stations is included.
– Information for the residents and visitors of the Municipality with a wealth of useful data.
See more Smart Cities