Ko's Urban Mobility Platform
Modern urban life and the growing mobility requirements of citizens require integrated transport systems. The correct and accurate real-time information at the stops contributes significantly to the change of mentality of the citizens, for more frequent use of the Public Transport instead of the private vehicles. This results in the creation of transport models of increased degree of sustainability, decongestion of the road network of the urban fabric, reduction of emissions and protection of the environment.
The project concerns the installation of an integrated platform for the management system of telematics equipment, information and passenger information services for the movement of public buses, which will consist of equipment and applications.
The main goal of the project is to create a model methodology for environmental impact by introducing innovative actions in urban transport. Innovative pilot actions will be based on ICT systems and other innovative actions of sustainable urban mobility and will include small-scale interventions that contribute to three axes:
- In the promotion of public transport with the aim of turning to environmentally friendly transport.
- In the management and control of traffic with environmental criteria.
- Sustainable mobility in “smart” cities.
The project includes the following applications:
- Passenger Information Application
- Application of information through signs
- Online Application Information for Bus Schedules
- Mobile App & Mobile Tourist Guide
The project includes the following equipment:
- Telematics equipment (OBU) inside bus vehicles
- Electronic smart stop signs
- In-vehicle Information screens
See more Smart Cities